Eloquent Orator's Clan - 1 AUG 62


Wed 1 Aug 62
The D A I L Y   T H O U G H T

To lie on one’s back with no clock except the rising & setting sun
To watch the clouds with no practical purpose save to watch the clouds
This is the beginning of Sensitivity
And Sensitivity is the beginning of Creative Independent Thinking
And Creative Independent Thinking is the beginning f Democracy
* - - - - - - - - - -*
“In the mountains there is a feeling of security we know it’s good
And clean and if you know what you are doing you can’t be tricked then.
While looking at the clouds I can see a lake with many iceburgs in it.  I can see cloud formations which remind me of myself.  In one I see a man begging for something which reminds me of myself. Sometimes I see men fighting with swords. I see alsorts of animals in it. I feel good because my heart can open to nature.”
Magpie
- - - - - - - -
I think about these things that are white bubbly and interesting. All this type of thing is, a type of water vapor. Sometimes it very thin, sometimes it’s thick and other times shapes make picturing the sky. Some people fron at them, other people smile at then, and others try to sell what they will do.  Myself, well I like them. The clouds. 
Iggle
-       - - - - - -
Rain Over Squaw
Low gray clouds
 In the distance
  Spilling their water
   In Torrents
    But the Rain
     Is not thrown
      It falls
       Listlessly
        Only gravity
         Flings it on its way.
Iron Jaw  .

-       Cut live timber today
-       All new men go tru step by step reasoning and doing and baking bread.
-       Muscles, Iron Jaw, Trapper & Light ning back up to Lean-4 on Flyway to operate line camp alone.
-       Lone Wolf undisputed winner of his category of competition
-       Supper: Venison, wild rhubarb, fresh baked bread and hot cocoa.

#  #  #  #  #  #  #  #  #  #  #  #  #  #  #  #  #  #  #  #  #  #  
The blazing coals upon the heart
Are slowly dyingnow
The raging fire of wrath and pain
Will never more become the same
  Still there is redness in the coals
  Still some life there remains
  The small strength and beauty of the flame
  Has gone, but not all in vain.
Lightning Cloud

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  
Again The Wind by Tough Trapper
Again the wind is steadily blowing
I see it here while it is snowing
It’s effects are good and bad
But to many people it makes them sad
  Again the wind is causing weather
  At times it cannot move a feather
  At times it blows things all around
  Above which you can’t hear a sound
Again the wind makes little sounds
Much like a sentry on his rounds
It makes a man feel so small
Knowing the wind’s so big and tall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment